This feature can be turned on by flipping the HMCS switch on their aircraft up and either pressing a button on their helmet or pressing their fighter's "VSR" button. Activating this feature brings down the visor on the player's helmet. It has several main benefits:
- It allows the player to see the entirety of their aircraft's HUD beyond the HUD's display screen, being useful for altitude control or identifying the locations of hostile units with the Radar Warning Receiver (RWR).*
- It allows the player to use their night vision overlay.*
- If the player's aircraft has an active TGP...
- It allows players to "See through" their aircraft in conjunction with their Targeting Pod (TGP).
- It can let them control the position of the targeting reticle with their head, being useful for the deployment of AGMs and quick targeting in close combat.
*This function runs independently of the visor in the F-45A.
When not looking at the HUD, or if the main HUD is turned off, the visor renders a display showing pilots their heading, speed, and altitude.