To install custom missions and maps, first download them to your computer. One community site is https://www.vtolvrmissions.com/
NOTE: Discord has a mission editor section with missions posted often that may not be posted elsewhere, though many of these may be a work in progress.
Installation of maps and missions:
- Download a mission from the site and open the file if compressed (zip/rar).
- If you haven’t changed the location for your steam folder it’s located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\VTOL VR
- Missions go in the "CustomScenarios" Folder (content needs to be in the missions named folder in here)
- CustomScenarios contain all dependencies such as sound files, images, and maps.
- Older scenarios may need a custom map added to a separate directory (see below)
- Maps go into the "CustomMaps" Folder (content needs to be in the maps named folder in here)
- These maps are used for creating new missions, or as a dependency for scenarios that do not contain the map in their CustomScenario folder.
- Maps have a .vtm file and a PNG height map image
- If you want to install a campaign you simply place it inside the Campaigns folder which is in the CustomScenarios folder.